Business Accounting and Finance
"We strive to provide students with the highest quality instruction, incorporating the latest technology when possible, in order to ready our students for transfer to universities, to obtain needed job skills, and to provide personal financial knowledge for their own benefit. It is our desire that our students become more productive at work, are prepared for transfer to the universities, and that we will enrich the surrounding community at large by building better futures through learning."
The purpose of the Accounting and Finance Department is to provide students the opportunity to enhance job skills while attaining either a Certificate of Achievement or Associate of Arts Degree in Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Microcomputer Accounting Clerk, or Advanced Microcomputer Accounting Clerk.
- Accounting Certificate
- Advanced Accounting Certificate
- Microcomputer Certificate
- Advanced Microcomputer Certificate
- Payroll Administration
University Transfer Students
- If you are interested in transferring to a university, please refer to the most recent Cerritos College Catalog.
Associate of Arts in Accounting
- If you are interested in earning an Associates Degree in Accounting, please refer to the most recent Cerritos College Catalog. In general, those students wanting to earn an AA Degree must meet the requirements for a Certificate of Achievement in Accounting AND complete General Education requirements to achieve a minimum of 60 units.
- NOTE: Although many of these courses are transferable, this Certificate/A.A. Degree is nontransferable. Please speak to a counselor for further information
The primary function of each specialized accounting program is to provide students with specific job skills and retraining, basic transfer courses for Business Administration majors, Certificate and A.A. degree programs, and state-of-the-art computerized accounting and finance programs.
Current Labor Market data suggests that the demand for is great. You can view employment statistics, including salary information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Cerritos College Accounting Department offers the most comprehensive range of accounting and finance courses offered by California Community Colleges. Course offerings include: Financial, Managerial and Cost Accounting; Income Tax and Payroll Tax Accounting; Computerized and Spreadsheet Accounting; Personal Finance and Stock Market Investment; and Occupational Work Experience.
Ranking of Accounting Programs in California
Ranking of Accounting Programs Nationally