Student Life Committee
The purpose of the Student Life Committee is to coordinate and serve as a resource to the campus regarding Student Services. Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to commencement, student conduct and grievances, student responsibilities, health and wellness, Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S), and Student Activities.
The committee meets every first Thursday of the month at 1 pm in BK111/112. The months this group meets are: September, October, November, December, February and sometimes in March. Starting in March and/or April the committee transforms into the Commencement Committee.
Agendas and Minutes
November 1, 2018 Minutes- Quorum not met
December 6, 2018 Minutes
January 17, 2019 Agenda
January 17, 2019 Minutes
February 7, 2019 Agenda
February 7, 2019 Minutes
March 7, 2019 Agenda
March 7, 2019 Minutes
April 4, 2019 Agenda
April 4, 2019 Minutes
May 2, 2019 Agenda
May 2, 2018 Minutes
June 6, 2019 Agenda
June 6, 2019 Agenda
* denotes Special Meeting
Member List (17 members – revised 12/7/09)
- Dean of Student Services
- Vice President of Student Services/Assistant Superintendent or designee
- Coordinator of Student Judicial Affairs
- Student Activities Coordinator
- 2 management representatives appointed by ACCME
- 2 faculty representatives appointed by the Faculty Senate (one instructional and one from a student services unit)
- 2 classified representatives appointed by CSEA
- ASCC Commissioner of Student Services or designee
- 1 student representative appointed by ASCC
- Ex-officio members: Bookstore Manager, Associate Dean of Student Health,
- Wellness and Veterans Services, Dean of Disabled Student Programs and Services or designee, Chief of Campus Police, and Facilities representative (all non-voting).
- Three-year staggered terms not to exceed two consecutive terms for appointed positions
when possible. Exceptions will be considered by the College Coordinating Committee.
Appointees with subject-area expertise may be requested from the representative groups.
- The ASCC representative will serve a one-year term.