Student Life Committee
The purpose of the Student Life Committee is to coordinate and serve as a resource to the campus regarding Student Services. Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to commencement, student conduct and grievances, student responsibilities, health and wellness, Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S), and Student Activities.
The committee meets every first Thursday of the month at 1:00pm in BK111/112. The months this group meets are: September, October, November, December, February and sometimes in March. Starting in March and/or April the committee transforms into the Commencement Committee.
Agendas & Minutes
Membership (17 members – revised 12/7/09)
- Dean of Student Services
- Vice President of Student Services/Assistant Superintendent or designee
- Coordinator of Student Judicial Affairs
- Student Activities Coordinator
- 2 management representatives appointed by ACCME
- 2 faculty representatives appointed by the Faculty Senate (one instructional and one from a student services unit)
- 2 classified representatives appointed by CSEA
- ASCC Commissioner of Student Services or designee
- 1 student representative appointed by ASCC
- Ex-officio members: Bookstore Manager, Associate Dean of Student Health,
Wellness and Veterans Services, Dean of Disabled Student Programs & Services
or designee, Chief of Campus Police, and Facilities representative (all non-voting)
Terms of Office:
1. Three-year staggered terms not to exceed two consecutive terms for appointed
positions when possible. Exceptions will be considered by the College
Coordinating Committee. Appointees with subject-area expertise may be
requested from the representative groups.
2. The ASCC representative will serve a one-year term.
The committee will review its quorum requirement at the beginning of each
academic year. The current quorum requirement is 35 percent in the fall semester
and 50 percent + 1 in the spring semester, both based on the total membership.
All recommended revisions must be forwarded to the Coordinating Committee for