Program Learning Outcomes
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs)
(1) Students explain the requirements to transfer to a university professional program in Architecture or related Environmental Design field.
(2) Students identify notable architects, design concepts and significant buildings in architecture.
(3) Students identify the historical and contemporary role of architects in the development of the built environment.
(4) Students demonstrate the ability to produce competent construction documents for building projects utilizing manual and digital drafting techniques.
(5) Students explain the fundamentals of sustainable environmental design practices.
(6) Students utilize the creative design process to graphically/verbally communicate design ideas and concepts.
(7) Students describe the role and purpose of building codes and other legal requirements that protect the public’s health, safety and welfare.
(8) Students design, develop, virtually construct and administrate multi-disciplinary projects using BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology.