Welcome to our new Self-Report Tool (SRT) placement process
(Effective June 18, 2018)
What is the Self-Report Tool (SRT)?
The SRT provides students with the opportunity to place into English, Reading, Math or ESL (English as a second language) courses based on their United States high school records. There are two SRTs: one for English/Reading/ESL and one for Math.
Based on the cumulative and unweighted U.S high school G.P.A and other academic related questions, students may be placed directly into transfer level courses in the areas of English, Reading, Math, or ESL.
How long does it takes to complete the SRT?
Each takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
What do I need in order to take the SRT?
- Your 7-digit Cerritos College student ID number
- A copy of your United States high school transcript. Unofficial copies are accepted. Students can print it out by logging in to their high school student portal, if available. If the student does not have access to a printer, students are welcome to print in the Cerritos College library.
- A personal email. Students will receive a confirmation of the SRT submission by the email provided.
- Submit an admissions application for the semester in which you will be enrolling in classes.
- A valid form of picture ID card. We accept a California's ID card, high school ID card, passport, transcripts with a picture, etc. A paper copy or a picture of the ID card will not be accepted.
What is my next step after taking the SRT?
If you have not completed the New Student Orientation, please login into your MyCerritos account and complete the online orientation.
For questions about course(s) selection and degree requirements, it is recommended that you meet with an academic counselor. The online orientation must be completed before meeting with a counselor. Visit the Counseling Department website for more information at http://www.cerritos.edu/counseling/
Prior to leaving the Assessment Center, you will fill out a "Recommendation Checklist" to record your placement information. Please bring this with you when you meet with a counselor.
When will my SRT placement post in transcripts?
It may take 5-7 business days for the placements to post on your unofficial Cerritos College transcript.
Link to the steps to access your Cerritos College unofficial transcripts
What do I do if my placements do not appear on my unofficial transcripts within the time allowed for them to post?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allow at least one business day for a response.
Where should I park?
Visit the our Campus Police website for more information at Parking Regulations