Assessment Center - Test Requirements
Requirements to take an assessment test:
- An active Cerritos College student number (if you did not attended last semester, make sure you apply/re-apply online through Admissions & Records before you take the test.)
- A Picture ID (Calif. ID/Drivers License, Passport, High School ID, Transcript with picture, etc.)
- Parking permit if parked on campus (A one day parking permit can be purchased from the yellow Park-Ur-Self meters located in the parking areas throughout the campus. Daily permits are $2.00. Please do not park at the shopping centers across the street or you will get your car towed.
The English, Reading and Math tests are not timed tests and the average time students take for all three test is approx. 2 1/2 hours. No written essay is required.
All tests are untimed, computer-adaptive, and multiple choice. A copy of the test results are given to the student upon completion of their test. Scores are posted by the next morning.
Assessment and Orientation-Counseling (AOC) is required for first-time, new to any college, students prior to enrollment for the summer, spring, or fall semester.
New Students who are required to complete AOC will have two holds on their MyCerritos account: one for Assessment (ASM) and the other for Orientation-Counseling (ORI). Please view the Student Advisory Notice.
- To remove the 'ASM' hold, new students must complete all 3 assessments, (Math, English and Reading) or ESL testing.
- To remove the 'ORI' hold, new students must complete an online orientation via 'MyCerritos' or attend an on campus new student orientation.
It is very important to take the placement test two weeks prior to enrollment date.