Automotive Careers Institute
Automotive Careers Institute (ACI)
There's a new and exciting high school program in the automotive/transportation career pathway. It ishigh school program available in partnership with Southeast ROP. It allows high school students to attend Cerritos College and earn both high school and Cerritos College credits. Applications are now being accepted. Interested Juniors and Seniors from the ABC and Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School Districts are invited to apply. Please contact Southeast ROP coordinators for enrollment information.
ACI Mission Statement
The Mission of the Automotive Careers Institute (ACI) us to provide students with technical training of the highest quality that will lead to rewarding and well-paid careers in the field of automotive technology and transportation.
- Provide technical training of the highest quality on equipment that meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Provide latest information regarding the wide variety of employment opportunities in the field of automotive technology and transportation.
- Connect classroom learning to workplace experiences.
- Maintain a learning environment that is rewarding, enjoyable, and results in real-world skills for students.
Career Opportunities are Plentiful and Profitable!
One of every seven jobs is connected to the field of transportation technology. One part of the transportation industry that is facing a shortage of skilled workers is the retail automotive dealership.
Here's an opportunity to qualify for a high-saying, secure career in the transportation industry. Check out some of the areas below:
- Design engineering
- Finance and insurance
- Dealership operations
- Service engineering
- Service and repair
- After-market accessories
- Auto parts
- Body repair, customizing
Explore the world of transportation technology! Classes will be held in the state-of-the-art facilities at Cerritos College.
What Will I Learn?
Auto Technology Intro:
- Engines and Drive Line
- Suspension and Brakes
- Fuel and Emissions Systems
Auto Body Intro:
- Collision Repair Concepts
- Restoration/Paint Techniques
Auto Design, Marketing and Management
- Concept Cars
- Marketing the Product
- 3D Design and Modeling
- Business Practices
- Fast track to your college career and high-paying job.
- High school credits and Cerritos College credits.*
- Opportunities for summer internships.
- Technical training of the highest quality!
- Guest speakers from the automotive industry.
- Field trips.
*College credit based on successful completion of class, and a grade of C or better on the final exam.
- Must be highly motivated
- On Course for high school graduation
- Excellent attendance
Step 1: High School/Southeast ROP Cerritos College-ACI ROP Certificate of Completion.
Step 2: Cerritos College: Automotive Manufacture Certificate.
Step 3: Cerritos College: Associate of Arts Degree Step 4: Northwood University at Cerritos College: Bachelor Degree, Dealership Operations.
For More Information Please Contact:
Carmen Lizarraga, Southeast ROP Coordinator for Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District (NLMUSD)
Phone: (562) 860-1927, Ext. 113
Se habla espanol
Or send Carmen Lizarraga an email request for information regarding ACI.
Denise Strong, Southeast ROP Coordinator for ABC Unified School District (ABCUSD)
Phone: (562) 860-1927, Ext. 117
Or send Denise Strong an request via email for information regarding ACI.
Check out the SEROP Website!