The Cerritos College CalWORKs Work-Study (CWS) Program provides CalWORKs students with on-campus work opportunities in order to develop and/or strengthen workplace skills while completing their educational goals. With the help of our dedicated on-campus employers, students learn how to enter and re-enter the workforce with the confidence that is needed to achieve career satisfaction and economic self-sufficiency. Work-Study is a time-limited program and allows students to earn money that will not be deducted from their cash grant. Take a look at our Work-Study flyer!
To be eligible for the Work-Study Program, a student must:
- Meet with one of the CalWORKs Counselors to begin the Work-Study process
- Be enrolled in Cerritos College and be in good standing with the college
- Be receiving the adult portion of cash aid and provide proof of cash aid from the County
- Be participating in the Counties Welfare-to-Work Program
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units if being considered for Work-Study in the Fall or Spring semester
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units if being considered for Work-Study in Summer semester
- Have a 2.5 G.P.A. in the semester that student is being considered for Work-Study
- Have a minimum of 18 units completed from Cerritos College
- Attend Monthly (PEP) Pre-Employment Workshops
To remain eligible for the Work-Study Program, a student must:
- Submit proof of cash aid for each new semester
- Maintain the minimum 9 units each Spring and Fall semester and 3 units each Summer semester
- Maintain a 2.0 G.P.A. for each semester
- Meet with one of the CalWORKs Counselors each new semester
- Maintain contact with Work-Study Coordinator regarding the Work-Study position
Students interested in Work-Study should make an appointment with one of the CalWORKs Counselors. Appointments can be made by calling (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2593.
ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYERS ONLY: If your department would like to hire a CalWORKs Work-Study student, please fill out the online Employee Request form the CalWORKs department will contact you after your request has been received.