In the advanced manufacturing training classes, you will learn about identifying cutting forces, their impact on fixturing, and how they dictate maximum depth of cut. Emphasis will be placed on learning the equations that govern machining to better understand metal cutting and improve overall operations performance. Application to computer assisted machining and further training on MasterCam and GibbsCam is also available.
Some key course objectives
- Calculate the HP requirements for a given cut.
- Measure amperage drawings on a machine to maximize operations.
- Improve tool performance.
- Evaluate the costs of my operations and minimize cost per unit.
- Improve cycle time by understanding MasterCam or GibbsCam better.
For companies interested in group employee training, please contact us at CerritosTrainsU@cerritos.edu or 562-860-2451, Ext. 2511.
For individual students interested in taking a college credit class, please call 562-860-2451
visit the college main website at www.cerritos.edu.