National Retail Management Certificate
Cerritos College offers an 8-course online National Retail Management Certificate program for residents and employers outside of California, that can be completed in 1-2 years while working full or part-time.
The National Retail Management Certificate program is designed to prepare students for career opportunities and upward mobility in the retail industry. This program is recognized nationally.
Upcoming classes for Fall 2015:
For new Cerritos College students:
- Apply for a Student ID# at http://my.cerritos.edu before you register for a class.
- Select "Advance in Current Job/Career" for your educational objective when applying for your Student ID# and the Assessment & Orientation-Counseling (AOC) process will be waved. AOC are required for first-time (new to any college) students who plan to complete an AA Degree or Transfer to a 4-year college or university.
- When you receive an email with your student ID (ususally within 24 hours), register in one or more of the following classes.
For more information, please contact the Economic Development Department at (562) 860-2451, ext. 2486.
BA 106: (2nd 9-week session)
Registration is open
This course is designed to acquaint the student with the principles and methods related to with the principles and methods related to the effective utilization of personnel in a business organization. It will develop relations involved in recruitment, selection, placement, training, and supervision of employees. It will also include an introduction to the organized labor movement and current labor relations conditions.
Online: October 19th-December 18th, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may enroll?
To be eligible for the National Retail Management Certificate program, you must be a resident outside of California.
When do I receive my certificate?
You will receive your certificate upon completing the 8 courses with a "C" or better. This program is intended to be completed in 1-2 years.
Things You Should Know...
- Register at least one week before class starts.
- Payment is due upon online course registration.
- Retain all emails and confirmations for your records.
- Please complete admission application if you do not have a Cerritos College student ID# before class begins.
- Classes may be cancelled if enrollment minimum is not met. You will be notified if this occurs.
- Many companies offer Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarships. Tuition reimbursement is based on your employers policy. Please contact your employer for more information on possible reimbursements.