Campus Connection - May 31, 2016
- Prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship Goes to Cerritos College Student
Alejandra Carranza, a Cerritos College honors student, was named one of the nation's top scholars by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program. Alejandra of Huntington Park was among 75 students chosen from a competitive nationwide pool. The scholarship – one of the most competitive undergraduate transfer scholarships in the nation... Link to the story about Alejandra
- AAWCC’s Inaugural 40 Under 40 Class Includes Cerritos College Staff
Raquel Lizarraga, administrative clerk for Cerritos College's Technology division, was recently named a 40 Under 40 honoree by the American Association for Women in Community Colleges (AAWCC.) Since becoming the Administrative Clerk III for the Technology Division in December 2014, Raquel has coordinated and implemented career pathways services and career technical education (CTE) programs... Link to the story about Raquel
- Emergency Response Drill Schedule for June 3
On Friday, June 3, the campus will participate in an active shooter response training with Campus Police, the Norwalk Sheriff Station, L.A. County Fire Department and other law enforcement agencies. There will be a large number of police personnel on and around campus, and the possible use of L.A. County Sheriff helicopters over the College. For more information, please contact Campus Police at 562-860-2451, Ext. 3076.
- Save Time, Skip the Line; Financial Aid Introduces QLess Online Check-in System
Financial Aid is excited to announce a soft launch of the QLess system, an online check-in system where students can access the Financial Aid Office line without physically waiting in line. Three ways to join the line: 1) Download the app on your electronic device 2) Text "Cerritos College" to 562-375-4979 3) Click on the QLess image or slide image on our website: www.cerritos.edu/finaid View flyer for more information
Shared Governance Committee Meetings: May 31 - June 3
*Meeting date may change. Please contact committee chairs to confirm meeting schedule. List of committees
Committee Chairs, please notify us when your meeting schedule changes from your committee webpage.
For questions, please call Human Resources at (562) 860-2451 Ext.2284.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stay Connected!
- Share with us
- Share your story ideas via Campus Connection
- Submit your success story via Campus Connection. Tell us about a special student, faculty or staffer who are doing great things on campus or in their community
- Submit campus events or announcements through the Daily Falcon (access required)