Campus Connection - July 31, 2017
- Cerritos College Students Receive Accounting Association Scholarship
Cerritos College accounting students Thuy Nguyen and Jaclynn Trusdall recently received a scholarship from CalCPA Education Foundation’s Orange County/Long Beach Chapter. Each student was awarded $1,000. Thuy and Jaclynn were nominated by their accounting professor...Link to the full story about accounting students
- Nearly 600 Cerritos College Students Complete Manufacturing Certifications
The Cerritos College Technology Division announced that 580 students received industry certifications in engineering design technology, welding, and machine tool technology during the 2016-17 academic year. Welding had its 391 students certified in American...Link to the full story about technology students
- College to Celebrate Opening of New La Mirada Location
In partnership with the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, Cerritos College will offer high-demand English, math, and speech classes closer to La Mirada residents. The College will celebrate the opening of the new classroom location at the Norwalk-La Mirada Adult School with a ceremony on Wednesday, August 30...Link to the full story about La Mirada location
- College Hosts Assembly Speaker's Blue Ribbon Commission Hearing
College recently hosted Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon's Blue Ribbon Commission hearing. The commission discussed important topics on early childhood education including early brain development and program access for children and families to develop strategic solutions to improve outcomes for some of California's youngest learners and their families.
- Chancellor Eloy Oakley Pays Visit
The California Community Colleges Chancellor Eloy Oakley returned to Southern California and visited the Cerritos College campus. Chancellor Oakley greeted President/ Superintendent Dr. Jose Fierro.
- Senior Fair Coming to Cerritos College
Congresswoman Linda Sanchez invites you to her 15th annual senior fair. She will be hosting local organizations and agencies to provide information, resources on the IRS, Medicare, Social Security, Veterans Program and more. Friday, August 11, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. in Falcon Gymnasium. Call (562) 860-5050 for more info.
- Support 32nd Annual Cerritos College Foundation Golf Tournament
The Cerritos College Foundation will be hosting its 32nd Annual Golf Tournament on August 7 at 10:30 a.m. at the Friendly Hills Country Club in Whittier. You are invited to join the event raising money to help support our students and the college through scholarships and program support...Link to the full story about Foundation golf tournament
Shared Governance Committee Meetings: July 31 - August 3
Thursday, August 3
2 p.m. - Planning and Budget (Board Room)
*Meeting date may change. Please contact committee chairs to confirm meeting schedule. List of committees
Committee Chairs, please notify us when your meeting schedule changes from your committee webpage.
For questions, please call Human Resources at (562) 860-2451 Ext.2284.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stay Connected!
- Share with us
- Share your story ideas via Campus Connection
- Submit your success story via Campus Connection. Tell us about a special student, faculty or staffer who are doing great things on campus or in their community
- Submit campus events or announcements through the Daily Falcon (access required)