Campus Connection - October 16, 2017
- Homecoming 2017 - LEVEL ONE: Cerritos College
Thousands of alumni, families and friends gathered at Homecoming -- the College's largest annual celebration of reunions on October 21. Campus came alive with colorful floats, beautiful Court and various activities that led to the game day The theme of this year's celebration was a classic video/arcade game, "LEVEL ONE: Cerritos College." Link to the full story about Homecoming
- Halloween Office Contest - Sign Up by Tomorrow!
Sign up for the Halloween Office Decorating and Costume contest via email by Oct 24! So far, we have Library/LRC, Career Services, Counseling, EPP, Academic Affairs, Liberal Arts, Community Education, Public Affairs (passing candy) Judging: Oct 31, 2 - 4 p.m., candy distribution: 12 - 1:30 p.m.
- Black Student Union is hosting a Halloween Game Night at Student Center Stage on Tuesday, October 24, 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- ASCC’s Zombie Fest is coming this Thursday, October 26, at 11 a.m. in Falcon Square.
Join the festivities!
- Culinary Extravaganza Showcases Student Skills, Career Opportunities And Program
Cerritos College hosted the fourth annual Culinary Arts Extravaganza and Job Expo on October 19 and 20. More than 20 culinary arts and hospitality employers participated and provided information on job and internship opportunities to nearly 100 attendees during the October 19 job fair... Link to the full story about culinary event
- Great California Shakeout Earthquake Drill a Success
Cerritos College joined millions of participants in the Great California Shakeout on October 19. At 10:19 a.m. students, faculty and staff practiced Drop, Cover, and Hold On procedures, and evacuated to designated areas. The drill was designed to simulate the proper steps to reduce potential injury and death in the event of a real earthquake. Link to the full story about the Great Shake Out
- Subaru Donates Three Vehicles To Automotive Import Technician Training Program
The College's Automotive Import Technician Training Program recently received three vehicles donated by Subaru of America. Two 2015 Impreza WRXs and a 2016 Impreza WRX will be used for valuable hands-on training... Link to the full story about Subaru donation
- Mathematics Club Raises Funds to Fight Domestic Violence
Math Club presented Su Casa with a check for $800 at the October 18 board meeting. The funds were raised through sales of donated books on campus. Math Club supports Su Casa with a donation every year. Su Casa is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to end domestic violence.
- National Manufacturing Day Inspires Students
The Technology Division hosted an open house for National Manufacturing Day earlier this month. National Manufacturing Day is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers...Link to the full story about Manufacturing Day
- Job Fair Coming to Campus on November 2
Cerritos College will host a free job fair on Thursday, November 2. Job seekers will have an opportunity to speak with more than 45 employers at the College's semi-annual job fair. The event will be held in the College’s Library/Falcon Square sidewalk., 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m... Link to the full story about job fair
- Join Domestic Violence Awareness Month Events
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM)! Check out many events are happening on campus this month. There is still time to donate items for the DVAM hygiene supply drive! To support survivors and others who are homeless, the Student Title IX Ambassador’s Task Force is leading a toiletry supply drive. See flyer for various trainings and events for faculty, staff, and students!
Shared Governance Committee Meetings: October 23 - 27
Monday, October 23
1 p.m. - Coordinating Committee (Board Room)
3:30 p.m. - Student Learning Outcomes (SS 140)
Wednesday, October 25
3 p.m. - Enrollment Management (LC 62)
3 p.m. - Student Success and Support (SS 139)
Thursday, October 26
1:30 p.m. - Curriculum (Board Room)
*Meeting date may change. Please contact committee chairs to confirm meeting schedule. List of committees
Committee Chairs, please notify us when your meeting schedule changes from your committee webpage.
For questions, please call Human Resources at (562) 860-2451 Ext.2284.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stay Connected!
- Share with us
- Share your story ideas via Campus Connection
- Submit your success story via Campus Connection. Tell us about a special student, faculty or staffer who are doing great things on campus or in their community
- Submit campus events or announcements through the Daily Falcon (access required)