How to Enroll in Classes
Registration appointments begin about six weeks prior to the start of the semester. Check your MyCerritos account for your appointment date. Open registration begins the week before the semester start. After the semester start, the instructor must add you to the class. Seven Steps to Enroll in your Class!
Step #1: Determine your status. What best describes your situation?
- New Student: I am attending Cerritos College for the first time.
- Transfer Student: I attended another college but have never attended Cerritos College.
- Returning Student: I have previously attended Cerritos College but did not attend the previous semester (summer doesn't count).
- Continuing Student: I was enrolled in a credit class at Cerritos College during the previous semester (summer doesn't count).
- IMPORTANT: When filling out the application, the application will ask you to select "Intended Major or Program of Study" - from the drop down menu select: Cosmetology-CT (certificate).
- IMPORTANT: When filling out the application, the application will ask you to select an "Educational Goal" and if your goal is to be a Licensed Cosmetologist or Licensed Esthetician - from the drop down menu select: Prepare for a new career (Acquire job skills). If your goal is an Associates Degree in Cosmetology or Esthetics - from the drop down menu select: Obtain an Associates Degree without Transfer.
Step #2: New, transfer and returning students must apply for admission. Continuing students can advance to step #4.
Start the enrollment process by completing a free application or in-person at the Student Service Center (SSC) on campus. If your primary goal is to take either Cosmetology or Esthetician classes, please list Cosmetology or Esthetician as your major on line #14 of the Cerritos College Admissions Application.
Step #3: Obtain your 7- digit student number.
You should receive your student number within 48 hours. If you forget it, you can retrieve it using the Student ID Lookup.
Step #4: View your appointment to register.
View your appointment to register by logging on to MyCerritos. Sign in using your student number as your User ID and your 6-digit birth date as your password (mmddyy). Once you are in your MyCerritos account, click on "Student Center". View your appointment date and time under the "Enrollment Dates" section of the page.
Step #5: Select your classes.
Cerritos College offers several Cosmetology and Esthetician classes so be sure to select the appropriate ticket number for the class you wish to register in. Keep in mind, all new students will be registering in the Introductory course (Cosmetology students will be COS 60A [or COS 70A during summer] and Esthetician students will be COS 54). You can view a live schedule of classes on Schedule+.
Step #6: Register using the MyCerritos online system.
At your appointment time, log on to MyCerritos. Sign in using your student number as your User ID and your 6-digit birth date as your password (mmddyy). Once you are in your MyCerritos account, click on "Student Center". Then click on the small blue link called "enroll" on the upper left hand side of the page.
If the class in which you want to enroll is full, add yourself to the waitlist if it is available; if both the class and the waiting list are full consider taking other classes to further your education here at Cerritos College. Note that you must pay the enrollment fees to be on the Waitlist.
Step #7: Pay your tuition fees.
Students are required to pay all fees within five days of enrollment. Fees can be paid online via the MyCerritos portal or in person. Failure to pay will result in being dropped from classes or waitlist.