Campus offices will be closed on FRIDAYS from May 25 through August 3. For information, email


Frequently Asked Questions:

  1. How long does the program take?
    It varies depending on the programs that students want to take. 
    Certificate Programs: (Approximate)
    Professional Baking and Pastry: 4-5 semesters 
    Professional Cooking: 5-6 semesters
    Culinary Arts Management: 5-6 semesters
    Associate's Degree: You just need to take the required general education classes with the culinary certificate requirements to achieve an AA degree.
    For GE requirements:
  2. I attended a different college, are my credits going to transfer?
    Since the curriculum from other colleges are different from our curriculum, we require the class syllabus for further evaluation. Please email the department chair.
  3. How much does the program cost?
    The costs vary per program. For estimated costs, visit Tuition and Fees. We recommend applying for FAFSA, most of our students have financial aid. Visit Financial Aid website for more information.
  4. Are there any scholarships available?
    Scholarships are available to current Culinary Arts students through the Cerritos College Foundation and  other entities. We encourage our students to apply for scholarship applications as soon as they are offered. For other Cerritos College scholarships, please visit the college scholarship page [BROKEN LINK].
  5. I want to take some cooking or baking classes as a hobby, can I take some classes?
    Yes, but you need to apply as a college student and go through the application, assessment, and orientation process. Before you get in the kitchen laboratory, you need to take the sanitation class CA 101, before you can take any culinary arts or baking kitchen laboratory class.
  6. The class I wanted to take was full, what can I take instead?
    Culinary Arts classes can be impacted. We recommend that you talk to a counselor, so you can plan your schedule accordingly. Once you get enrolled in the beginning cooking/baking classes, you have first priority on the intermediate and advanced classes. If a culinary lecture class is full, take a general education (GE) class instead. Then, register for culinary lecture classes the semester after. Culinary classes are offered on a first-come, first serve basis.
  7. Do you offer classes in the summer?  
    Due to public demand, we recently offered culinary lecture classes in the summer. Please check back for announcements on which classes are offered.
  8. I need a Servsafe Certification for work, can I take it at Cerritos College?
    You only need the Servsafe Foodhandler Certification for work, which is valid for a year. Talk to your employer. If you are a current Cerritos College student, we offer the CA 101, ServSafe Food Manager's Certification class. This certification is valid for five years if you pass the examination. CA 101, sanitation class, is offered on a first-come first-serve basis as well. For more information, visit the Servsafe website.


Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Report a Website Issue | Document Readers | Gainful Employment | Last Update: 3/13/2018