Becoming a Student at Cerritos College

Who may apply for admission?

Anyone who is a high school graduate or at least 18 years of age. This person must be able to learn from  instruction.  International students in their home country or living in the U.S. are welcome to apply.

What fees do I have to pay?
If you have been a legal resident of the state of California for one year and one day before the start of the semester, you pay $20 per unit.

If you are a legal resident of another state, you must also pay $181 a unit.

If you are an international student with a foreign student visa (I-90 or F-1), you must pay $210 per unit. (For more information on international student requirements, click international students.)

In addition, there are fees for parking, student health services, and college services.

How do I apply?
First, you must fill out an application form and bring it to the Admissions and Records office. At that time you will also need proof that you are a legal resident of California. Remember to include information about other classes you have taken at another college.
How do I find out what classes the college offers?
Classes are listed in the schedule available at the college bookstore. You may also click on Schedule to see a list online. 

What is the next step?
If you plan to take an English, English as a Second Language, math, or reading class, it is important to take the assessment test. You can not fail this test. It is used to help us place you in the right class to help you reach your goals.  You will need to see a counselor to receive your score on this test. The counselor will help you choose the appropriate courses.

Am I ready to register now?
Yes. After you speak to a counselor, you may go to the Admissions and Records office to register for your courses.

 For additional information on the services mentioned on this page, click on the links in blue.