Undocumented Student Allies
UndocuAlly student Training
Undocumented students face issues and concerns unlike any other student on campus, their lack of documentation can put them at risk on a number of levels. They often need a safe and comfortable place where they can discuss their situation freely without fear. In the effort to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- To create a welcoming and supportive campus environment which allows immigrant students to foster a sense of belonging, thus encouraging student success.
- To increase awareness of the needs of the undocumented student population and their families with their integration into campus life.
- Educate staff, faculty, administrators and students about the needs, concerns and issues of undocumented (unprotected) immigrant students and their families.
- Participants will gain knowledge on how to create an open and welcoming environment for undocumented students.
- Participants will gain knowledge of the resources available for undocumented students at Cerritos College and the surrounding communities.
- Participants will gain knowledge on how to assist and support immigrant students with their integration into campus life.
A special THANK YOU to everyone that attended our training the semester!
Need assistance? Find an Ally! List of Undocumented Student Allies