Undocumented Student Allies
UndocuAlly student Training
Undocumented students face issues and concerns unlike any other student on campus, their lack of documentation can put them at risk on a number of levels. They often need a safe and comfortable place where they can discuss their situation freely without fear. In the effort to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- To create a welcoming and supportive campus environment which allows immigrant students to foster a sense of belonging, thus encouraging student success.
- To increase awareness of the needs of the undocumented student population and their families with their integration into campus life.
- Educate staff, faculty, administrators and students about the needs, concerns and issues of undocumented (unprotected) immigrant students and their families.
- Participants will gain knowledge on how to create an open and welcoming environment for undocumented students.
- Participants will gain knowledge of the resources available for undocumented students at Cerritos College and the surrounding communities.
- Participants will gain knowledge on how to assist and support immigrant students with their integration into campus life.
We have created the below list of allies you can contact for assistance.