Financial Aid Application Process

How do I apply for financial aid?

4 Easy Steps to CashPDF document

1.)  Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at and list the Federal School Code for Cerritos College 001161.  Within 1-2 weeks, our office will receive your information electronically if you listed our school code. If you are not a citizen or eligible non-citizen and qualify for AB540 status, submit a Dream Act Application at Apply by March 2nd to be considered for Cal Grant B & C.

How to Check your To Do ListPDF document

2.) Read Missing Information Letter or view To Do List on MyCerritos. You may download the required forms.  It is important to submit these required documents in a timely manner.

Once the Financial Aid Office reviews all required documentation and completes the verification process if required, the file will be completed. 

Tips for Reviewing your AwardPDF document

3.) You will be sent an award notification e-mail.  You may also view your awards on MyCerritos. Awards are based on you meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.

Once you receive your award notification, you can apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan if you are interested. (See Loans for requirements and application process)

Awards and Refund Selection FlyerPDF document

4.)  Once awarded financial aid, you will be sent a refund selection kit in a green envelope. Next, you will go to to use the personal access code provided and select how you would like to receive your refund.

You have choices!

  • Electronic Deposit to Another Account
  • Electronic Deposit to Cerritos Falcon Card

 A disbursement will be processed for eligible students according to the disbursement schedule.  You can check the status of your disbursements online at MyCerritos

*This entire process can take a few weeks or a few months depending on the required documentation needed to complete and review the file and how quickly you turn in the required documentation.

**Please note if you need an immediate fee waiver, you can print out the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the website and submit it to the Financial Aid Office during office hours.  The other option is to submit a Board of Governors Grant Fee Waiver application to the Financial Aid Office. 

To contact the Financial Aid Office, call  (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2397 or e-mail us at finaid-staff-list@cerritos.eduemail link.