In observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, campus will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21. #dreambig

Child Development Grant

This program is designed for students attending California postsecondary educational institutions who intend to teach or supervise in the field of childcare and development in a licensed children's center in California.

Each grant may be renewed for a maximum of one academic year provided the recipient maintains financial need, satisfactory academic progress, and continues to pursue an approved course of study leading to a Child Development Permit.  Grant recipients must agree to provide one year of service, in a licensed children's center in California for each year they receive a grant.  Grant recipients attending a two-year postsecondary institution are eligible to receive up to $1,000 for each academic year in which they qualify for the Program.  Recipients attending a four-year university are eligible to receive up to $2,000 for each academic year in which they qualify.
The program provides benefits to selected applicants who are enrolled in approved coursework leading to a Permit, issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, issued in one of the following levels:  Teacher, Master Teacher, Site Supervisor, Program Director.  Students must maintain at least half-time enrollment and satisfactory academic progress defined by the postsecondary institution.

Students must fill out the Child Development Application and submit to Coordinator Susan Gradin in the Child Development department, Ext. 2559 or  Priority deadline is June 30 of each year. 

For additional information or assistance, contact the Commission's Specialized Programs Unit at (888) 224-7268 #3.  E-mail:

For further information please contact the Financial Aid office at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 3226 or e-mail us at











Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Report a Website Issue | Document Readers | Gainful Employment | Safety Reporting | Last Update: 2/20/2018