HALL OF FAME - DISTINGUISHED FACULTY
To help guide your recommendation, please review our Hall of Fame Induction Criteria. Also, please download and complete the Hall of Fame Nomination Faculty Form.
The Distinguished Faculty Hall of Fame Award recognizes a faculty emeritus for extraordinary contributions to teaching, faculty service, and enhancing the learning experience at the College. The award is given to no more than one person annually and need not be awarded each year. A detailed biography and minimum of three letters of support must be submitted for consideration.
- The candidate must be retired for at least two years.
- The candidate must have rendered contributions to teaching and learning that are documented as clearly and measurably exceeding in quality and magnitude what might be ordinarily expected of someone occupying the same position. Areas of accomplishment may include:
- Publications and grant writing
- Club and student activities involvement
- Contributions to the College through committees, special projects, volunteerism, etc.
- Service to the community as a representative of the College
- Art exhibitions, concerts, public performances, etc.
- The candidate must have served as a faculty member at Cerritos College for at least 15 years.
- The candidate must have left a lasting legacy for students and colleagues involving teaching methods, research, curriculum development, and/or the creation of a sustainable learning environment.