Announcements, Activities, and Events
- From Maddi's Closet "10th Annual Mad Dash" - From Maddi's Closet's 10th Annual "Mad Dash" is an exciting, highly anticipated event in our community! What a healthy and positive way to embrace children who are battling life-threatening pediatric cancer. Make a difference by participating as an individual, with friends & family, or raise even more funds by building a team. Saturday, April 11, 2015, La Serna High School, 15301 Youngwood Drive, Whittier, California, 90605. Registration for the race opens at 6:15 am, or you can pre-register online at the following link: From Maddi's Closet 10th Annual Mad Dash Event and Registration Page.
- MCAT Workshop #1, "Try out exam questions - How hard is it, really?", Dr. Chace Tydell - Friday, April 10, 2015, 1 pm, or Thursday, April 23, 2015, 11 am, S 124 (4/10/15 & 4/23/15).
- Cerritos College American Red Cross Blood Drive - Donate blood and save a life! April 13th - 16th, 8:30 am - 8:45 pm, Cerritos College Student Center.
- MCAT Workshop #2, "How to schedule and pay for the MCAT", Dr. Chace Tydell - Friday, April 17, 2015, 1 pm, or, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11 am, S 124 (4/17/15 & 4/30/15).
- Cerritos College Career Services Department, STEM Career Speaker Series, "What can I do with a major in STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics)?" - Thursday, April 29, 2015, 3 pm - 4 pm, BE 116. The flyer for this event will be posted soon.
- Anaheim Health Fair - Free health services for all adults and children! Friday, May 29th, through Sunday May 31st, the doors open at 7 am.
- Anaheim Health Fair Volunteers Needed - If you are a current Project HOPE student and you are interested in volunteering for the Anaheim Health Fair, please contact Danylle Williams-Manser at email@example.com. If you are not a Project HOPE student, but you would like to volunteer for the health fair, please click on the following link and then click on the "volunteer here" button to complete the online registration form: Anaheim Health Fair Volunteer Registration.
- STEM Career Counselors, Clara T. Ross and Allison Fujii - Be sure to make an appointment with the STEM career counselors in the Career Services department, and while you are there, be sure to check out all of the wonderful services that they have to offer! To visit the Career Services department's homepage, please click on the following link: Career Services Department Homepage.
- Pre-health Student Advising Hours, Dr. Chace Tydell - Mondays - 1:30 pm - 3 pm, room S 124, Wednesdays - 3 pm - 4 pm, office S 115, Fridays - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm, office S 115.
- Grupo de Padres para el Proyecto HOPE/Project HOPE Parent Group - to find out more about the Grupo de Padres para el Proyecto HOPE/Project HOPE Parent Group and the numerous educational workshops which the group sponsors, please click on the following link: Grupo de Padres para el Proyecto HOPE/Project HOPE Parent Group webpage. To download a copy of the Grupo de Padres para el Proyecto HOPE/Project HOPE Parent Group monthly meeting calendar flyer, please click on the following link: Grupo de Padres para el Proyecto HOPE/Project HOPE Parent Group Monthly Meeting Calendar Flyer.
- Internship, Mentorship, Research Program - If you are interested in a unique and rigorous experience, be sure to check out the UC Davis Pre-Medical Surgical Internship, Mentorship, and Research Program at the following link: UC Davis Pre-Medical Surgical Internship, Mentorship, and Research Program.
- USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies by College/University - To find out more about which courses fulfill the prerequisites for the USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program, please click on the following link to download a copy of the USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies handout: USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies.
- Medical Scribes - If you are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare and you would like to have more exposure to the medical field, you might want to consider becoming a medical scribe. A medical scribe is a trained medical information manager who specializes in charting physician/patient encounters in real-time during medical exams. To find out more about medical scribes, click on the following link to download a handout from the California Health Information Association convention, which was held on June 10, 2014: Medical Scribes: A Career Choice for HIM Professionals.