What's new with Project HOPE (and other places on campus)?
- St. Mary Medical Center Clinical Care Extender Program Presentation - Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11 am - 12:30 pm, S 103 (Science Building, Room 103)
- USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies by College/University - To find out more about which courses fulfill the prerequisites for the USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program, please click on the following link to download a copy of the USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies handout: USC Primary Care Physician Assistant Program Course Equivalencies
- Medical Scribes - If you are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare and you would like to have more exposure to the medical field, you might want to consider becoming a medical scribe. A medical scribe is a trained medical information manager who specializes in charting physician/patient encounters in real-time during medical exams. To find out more about medical scribes, click on the following link to download a handout from the California Health Information Association convention, which was held on June 10, 2014: Medical Scribes: A Career Choice for HIM Professionals
- UCLA School of Dentistry Presentation - Thursday, November 6, 2014, 11 am - 12:30 pm, S 103 (Science Building, Room 103)
- CSULB School of Nursing Presentation - Friday, November 7, 2014, 1 pm - 2:30 pm, S 102 (Science Building, Room 102)
- Cerritos College Career Services and Re-entry Resource Program "5th Annual Majors Fair" - Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm, Cerritos College Library sidewalk
- Project HOPE Faculty Coordinator (Dr. Chace Tydell) Fall 2014 Office Hours/Location - Mondays/Wednesdays (12 pm - 1 pm), Tuesdays (4 pm - 5 pm), Fridays (11 am - 12 pm), office S 115 (Science building, office 115).
- Fall 2014 Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI) - Be sure to check out the information for the Fall 2014 tutoring schedule and Supplemental Instruction (SI) schedule at the following link: Fall 2014 Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
- STEM Career Counselors, Clara T. Ross and Allison Fujii - Be sure to make an appointment with the STEM career counselors in the Career Services department, and while you are there, be sure to check out all of the wonderful services that they have to offer! To visit the Career Services department's homepage, please click on the following link: Career Services Department Homepage.
Project HOPE is committed to creating a supportive environment in which students with diverse backgrounds are given the tools to help them succeed in their pursuit of their educational goals in healthcare or science.
If you are interested in joining Project HOPE and/or you would like to help us to fulfill our mission, please call us at (562) 860-2451 extension 7847, or email us by using the contact link on the side menu of this webpage. You can alsocheck us out on Facebook by clicking on the following link:
If you would like to make a cash donation to the Project HOPE scholarship fund or to the Project HOPE general fund through the Cerritos College Foundation Office, please click on the link below to visit the Foundation's donationwebpage. If you would like to contribute to the Project HOPE scholarship fund through the Foundation's donation webpage, please be sure in step number two to click on "Scholarships" and then select "Project HOPE" from the dropdown menu. If you would like to make a contribution to the Project HOPE general fund through the Foundation's donation webpage, please be sure in step number two to click on "Programs" and then select "Project H.O.P.E. Fund"in the drop down menu.
Donate to Project HOPE through the Cerritos College Foundation