Jayananda H. Hiranandani
Professor of Engineering Design Technology
Office Hours: They vary from semester to semester. Call 562-860-2451 x 2908
Division Secretary's Office: 562-860-2451 x 2900
Courses Normally taught: ENGT 103,131, 138, 257, 258 and ENGR 112.
E-mail: Jayananda H. Hiranandani
Bachelor of Technology with Honors in Mechanical Engineering; Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, 1960.
Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (Foundry Engineering); Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, 1963.
Master of Science in Engineering (Industrial Engineering); University of California, Berkeley, California, USA, l967.
Experience - Industrial:
Engineer for 16 years in California in International Harvester, Peterbilt Motors and Fairchild -Schlumberger. Functions: Manufacturing, Process Development and Implementation. Products: Heavy Duty Motor Trucks and Automatic Test Equipment for Semiconductor Devices.
Experience - Educational:
1. For 6-1/2 years, first as Associate Lecturer and then Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India.
2. For 5 years in various institutions in California in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science. These included Kings River Community College, Las Positas College and City College of San Francisco.
3. From 1992 to present at Cerritos College in Engineering Design Technology.
1. Full Credential in Engineering for California Community Colleges
2. Limited Service Credential in Mathematics for California Community Colleges.
3. Limited Service Credential in Physics for California Community Colleges.
Registered Professional Engineer in Manufacturing in California.