Jayananda H. Hiranandani
Professor of Engineering Design Technology
Office Hours: They vary from semester to semester. Call 562-860-2451 x 2908
Division Secretary's Office: 562-860-2451 x 2900
Courses normally taught: ENGT 103,131, 138, 257, 258 and ENGR 112.
E-mail: Jayananda H. Hiranandani
- Bachelor of Technology with Honors in Mechanical Engineering; Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, 1960.
- Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (Foundry Engineering); Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, 1963.
- Master of Science in Engineering (Industrial Engineering); University of California, Berkeley, California, USA, l967.
Experience - Industrial:
- Engineer for 16 years in California in International Harvester, Peterbilt Motors and Fairchild -Schlumberger. Functions: Manufacturing, Process Development and Implementation. Products: Heavy Duty Motor Trucks and Automatic Test Equipment for Semiconductor Devices.
Experience - Educational:
- For 6-1/2 years, first as Associate Lecturer and then Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India.
- For 5 years in various institutions in California in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science. These included Kings River Community College, Las Positas College and City College of San Francisco.
- From 1992 to present at Cerritos College in Engineering Design Technology.
- Full Credential in Engineering for California Community Colleges.
- Limited Service Credential in Mathematics for California Community Colleges.
- Limited Service Credential in Physics for California Community Colleges.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Manufacturing in California.