Learning Communities Program Students
What are Learning Communities?
- Learning communities are linked or clustered classes: the same group of students takes
two or more classes together.
- The classes themselves are linked: the teachers have organized readings and other
activities around common themes or questions.
Why should you take a Learning Community?
- Students who take learning communities are more likely to do well in all of their
- Students work together and support each other.
- Assignments from the different courses are related to each other.
- Faculty members who teach the classes work closely with all the students.