What is a Learning Community?
A LEARNING COMMUNITY IS…
- Students working collaboratively with faculty in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
- Groups of 30 students enrolled in two or more courses in which students gain a deep
of each course.
- An approach to student learning Designed for Student Success.
Why Join a Learning Community?
Students who join learning communities…
- Smooth their transition into college
- Graduate or transfer to four-year colleges sooner
- Priority registration
- Increase their learning and earn better grades
- Meet other students and form lasting friendships
- Reinforce learning in one class while working on projects in another