In observance of Thanksgiving, campus will be closed on Nov. 22-25. #wearegrateful

Northwood University Frequently Asked Questions

Girl and guy on computer

  • Where is Northwood University located? The NU Program Center is located on the campus of Cerritos College in the Automotive Partners Building off of lot C-10 and New Falcon Way, next to Campus Police. The address is 11111 New Falcon Way, Cerritos,CA 90703.
  • Where are classes held? Courses are held in the NU Program Center, Room 11. Classes are also available online.
  • What’s so special about the NU-Cerritos 3+1 Program? Through the 3+1 Program you will take three years of courses at Cerritos College at the community college rate and one year of classes at Northwood University to earn your bachelor's degree. To establish residency and earn a bachelor's degree from NU you must have a minimum of 31 credits with NU.
  •  What degrees and majors are offered through the Cerritos Program Center? Check out the Majors, Minors and More! link on the left side of this page.
  • Can I minor in a program? Yes! The most popular minors are Accounting, Marketing, Computer Information Management, and Health Care Management, among others. 
  • Is Northwood University Accredited? Northwood University (NU) is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (800) 621-7440; Northwood is also globally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
  • What time of day are Northwood classes offered and how many weeks are they? Classes are offered in the evening from 6-9pm. Each class meets one night per week for eight weeks. All Northwood courses are also offered online.
  • What is the tuition for Northwood classes? NU’s tuition is currently $445 per credit or $1,335 per class ($13,795 + books for a 31-unit program). For military persons who are not eligible for full military benefits the cost is $350 per credit or $1,050 per class ($10,850 + books). However, what the program costs and what you pay are two different things. Financial Aid, scholarships, military benefits, or other assistance for which you qualify will reduce this amount.
  • How many units can be transferred in? Up to 92 units.
  • What's the Prior Learning Program? Eligible students can earn up to 30 units for prior work/life/military experience.
  • I am a business major, will courses that applied to my AA business requirements also apply toward the BBA requirements? In many cases a students earn "double" credit for business courses that were taken to meet AA requirements.  That is, a course that was applied to the AA may also be applied to the BBA or BS, saving the student time and money.
  • Can I take courses through Cerritos and also through Northwood at the same time? Concurrent enrollment for students who have been admitted to the Northwood University program is allowed. It is called "dual enrollment." .
  • I don’t have an associate’s degree, but I have more than 60 semester units.  Can I still apply? Yes. Students are encouraged to complete the associate’s degree, but a student who has completed 60 semester units can also be admitted without the AA degree.  In this case, ALL transferable units must be a "C" or better.
  • I am not a business major, can I still apply to the program? Yes. All majors are welcome.
  • What is the minimum GPA requirement for admission? To be admitted to NU you must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the college from which you are transferring. 
  • I am ready to apply, what are the next steps? The next step is to schedule a visit by calling (562) 653-7852 or emailing Email us your unofficial transcriptions and we will complete s preliminary evaluation of your transcripts to let you know what classes you have remaining and estimate how long it will take you to graduate with your bachelor's degree. We will also answer any other questions you may have about the program.  You will then be directed to apply on-line at and you will be asked to provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. 

Current Academic Catalog

Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818,, P: 888-370-7589 or 916-431-6959, F: 916-263-1897.

A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling 888-370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site

This institution is a private institution that is approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Eduction. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. Northwood University does not have a petition in bankruptcy and is not operating as a debtor.

Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Report a Website Issue | Document Readers | Gainful Employment | Safety Reporting | Last Update: 8/24/2018