Northwood University Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Northwood University Accredited?
Yes. Northwood University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (800) 621-7440; http://www.higherlearningcommission.org
- What degrees are currently being offered through the Cerritos Program Center?
Currently, we are offer two degrees: A Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA) degree and a Bachelor’s in Business Administration Automotive Marketing Management (BBA-AMM).
- What time of day are Northwood classes offered and how many weeks are they?
The degree programs offered at Cerritos College are geared toward the adult learner. To meet the needs of our students, classes are offered in the evening, from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. Northwood classes are eight weeks in duration.
- What is the tuition for Northwood classes?
Northwood tuition is currently $390 per credit, or $1,170 per class. This is typically paid during the senior year.
- How much will I pay for Cerritos College classes that I apply toward my BA degree?
Students pay Cerritos College tuition for all courses taken during the freshman through junior year.
- Do I need to attend classes at a traditional Northwood University campus to earn my degree?
No. Students admitted to Northwood University through the Cerritos Center are not required to attend any courses at the traditional campus in Michigan.
- I am a business major, will courses that applied to my AA business requirements also apply toward the BA requirements?
In many cases a students may earn “double” credit for business courses that were taken to meet AA requirements. That is, a course that was applied to the AA may also be applied to the BA, saving the student time and money.
- Can I take course through Cerritos and also through Northwood at the same time?
Concurrent enrollment for students who have been admitted to the Northwood University program is allowed. This is on a case-by-case basis.
- I don’t have an Associates degree, but I have more than 60 semester units. Can I still apply?
Yes. Students are encouraged to complete the Associates degree, but a student who has completed 60 semester units can also be admitted without the AA degree. In this case, ALL transferable units must be a “C” or better.
- I am not a business major, can I still apply to the program?
Yes. All majors are welcome.
- I would like to earn a minor in marketing or finance. Is this option available through this program?
Earning a minor or emphasizing in a particular aspect of business is not available. The degrees offered are designed to provide the student with a well rounded management education.
- I have several years of management experience, do you offer credit for work-life experience?
Yes. A student with significant work and management experience may earn credit for work-life experience. A work-life portfolio describing your experience must be submitted along with any pertinent certificates and supporting material. For more information contact the program center manager.
- I am currently a Cerritos College student, at what point can I be admitted to the Northwood University program?
To be admitted to Northwood U. you must have at least a 2.0 GPA and be in good standing with the college from where you are transferring. You must also have completed at least 30 semester units of course work.
- I am ready to apply, what are the next steps?
The next step is to schedule a meeting with Todd Leutheuser, Program Center Manager. A preliminary evaluation of your transcripts will be completed and any other questions you may have about the program will be answered. You will then be directed to apply on-line at www.northwood.edu and you will be asked for official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Click here to download a transcript request form.