Open Educational Resources
Cerritos College for Open Educational Resources!
What Is OER?
Open Educational Resources are free or low cost materials, textbooks, videos, software, and learning objects that can be used to replace expensive traditional course materials.
OER in the News:
- Open Education Week (MARCH 9-13, 2015) in its 4th annual year is an online celebration of the global Open Education Movement
- 24 Hour "All About Open" Twitter Event sponsored by Open College at Kaplan March 11 (see More Announcements link on left)
- Free Webinar: Zero-Textbook-Cost-Degree Initiative Wednesday, March 11, at 10:00 PST
- Presentation to Cerritos College Board of Trustees on Open Educational Resources (August 13, 2014)
- Blog Posting from Dr. David Wiley on building the Open Education infrastructure and why he believes we must build it.
An Open Infrastructure Stack for Education
- Open Credentials
- Open Assessments
- Open Educational Resources
- Open Competencies
Read David's blog post: The Open Education Infrastructure, and Why We Must Build It
Last Updated: February 5, 2013 - Cynthia Alexander