Intensive English Program
WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY ENGLISH IN CALIFORNIA?
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM!
NO TOEFL NEEDED!
Cerritos College is an accredited two-year community college that offers a full-time Intensive English Program (IEP) where you can develop the language skills you need and be prepared to study and earn college credit at our college or any other college/university in the U.S. Our program and campus is a student-centered environment where you will be fully immersed into the English language and culture. Our top notch faculty and staff are dedicated to making your learning and cultural experience rewarding.
Our Intensive English Program is 16 weeks (4 months) and will provide you over 400 hours of Intensive English language training. Upon entering the program, you will be assessed and then will be assigned into a group (level 1 or level 2). We will meet Monday through Thursday and you will get instruction customized to your level – we will take you from where you are at with the English language and help you to effectively learn quickly how to improve your writing, reading, grammar and speaking abilities. You will also be provided other opportunities outside of the classroom to practice what you are learning, such as field trips and conversation time with American students.
Throughout your time at Cerritos College, you’ll get personalized attention and support. Our class sizes are small, so that you get individualized help from your teachers. The International Student Center staff and the Community Education staff is here for you from the moment you apply through the completion of the program and after - We will be with you every step of the way!
Upon successful completion of the IEP, you can transition into your major field of study at Cerritos College, or transfer to any other college or university you choose to attend. Cerritos College has a very high transfer rate of its international students - our graduates transfer to top universities such as UCLA, USC, UCI, UC Berkeley, Cal State Long Beach and many more.
Our Intensive English Program is ALL-INCLUSIVE
- with your paid tuition, you get:
- 20+ hours of instruction per week,
- assessment testing,
- all books & class materials needed,
- conversation practice each week with an American student,
- use of the language lab & tutors on campus,
- access to other language & writing workshops on campus,
- a cultural field trip, and
- Certificate upon completion.
2017 IEP SESSION DATES:
Jan. 12 – May 11 (16-week Spring 2016 session)
May 18 July 13 (8-week summer 2016 session*)
Aug. 17 – Dec. 7 (16-week Fall 2016 session)
*Summer session is eight weeks in length and the cost is $1,850.
COST: $3,500 (for the sixteen-week program*)
- Application fee ($ 50 one-time fee)
- SEVIS I-20 fee ($200 www.fmjfee.com)
- Room and Board (information on homestay accommodations available)
- Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Please see the list for the required documents that must be completed to apply for the Intensive English Program.
The following documents are required for admission into Cerritos College - keep copies of all documents you turn in. Applications with incomplete documentation will not be processed until completed:
- Intensive English Application
- $50 application fee (non-refundable) We accept Cash or Money Orders payable to: Cerritos College
- Statement of Support from Financial Sponsor (Statement of Support must be Notarized)
- Bank Certification - verification on bank letterhead signed by bank official showing at least $12,000 USD available to the student or equivalent.
- TB (tuberculosis) exam results - must be within 2 years of application date
- Transcripts - Proof of Secondary or high school graduation
- Copy of Passport,
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of all I-20's - if in the U.S. Once an initial I-20 is issued, a form I-901 along with a $200 SEVIS fee payment must be completed before applying for, or a re-validation, of the F-1 Visa status. For more information on paying the SEVIS fee, go to www.FMJfee.com.
- Transfer Authorization form - if transferring from another U.S. college or language school
- Information of Dependents (if any) - Put the name, date of birth, country of birth, relationship to the F-1 student of each dependent (spouse and children) on a separate sheet of paper. Each dependent must have medical insurance. Add $3,000 for each dependent on the bank certification.
- Download Word Viewer
For more information, contact us by email at:
or call us at