Intensive English Program
WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY ENGLISH IN
BEAUTIFUL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA?
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM!
Cerritos College is a premiere accredited two-year community college that offers a full-time Intensive English Program (IEP) where you can develop the language skills you need to enter a college or university in the U.S. Our program and campus is a student-centered environment where you will be fully immersed into the English language and culture. Our top notch faculty and staff are dedicated to making your learning and cultural experience rewarding.
Each session of the Cerritos College's IEP is eight weeks in length (2 months) and will provide you over 20+ hours of Intensive English language training each week. Upon entering the program, you will be assessed and then will be assigned into a group (level 1 or level 2/3). You will have classes Monday through Thursday each week, and you will get instruction customized to your level - we take you from where you are at with the English language and help you to effectively learn quickly how to improve your writing, reading, grammar and speaking abilities. You also are provided other opportunities outside of the classroom to practice what you are learning, such as field trips and conversation time with American students.
Our campus is centrally located in Southern California, close to all major attractions (Hollywood, Disneyland, the beaches, etc.). While you can go to many of these attractions on your free time, the program also includes a field trip with your classmates, giving you a chance to gain an American cultural experience while practicing your English skills.
Throughout your time at Cerritos College, you'll get personalized attention and support. Our class sizes are small, so that you get individualized help from your teachers. The International Student Center staff and the Community Education staff is here for you from the moment you join the program - helping you during your studies with us, and making your transfer to the credit program here or another school easy. We will be with you every step of the way!
Upon completion, you can transition into your major field of study at Cerritos College, or transfer to any other college or university you choose to attend. Cerritos College has a very high transfer rate of its international students - our graduates transfer to top universities such as UCLA, USC, UCI, UC Berkeley and many more.
Our IEP program is ALL-INCLUSIVE - you will get: Tuition, 20+ hours of direct instruction per week, assessment testing, orientation, all books & class materials, use of the language lab, access to other school resources (such as the library, supplemental language workshops, tutors, etc.), a field trip, and a certificate of completion.
THE PROGRAM TUITION IS ALL INCLUSIVE - INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU'LL NEED:
- 20+ hours of instruction
- Assessment testing
- All books & class materials
- Student ID
- Access to on-campus health center
- Use of language lab
- Weekly conversation practice with American students
- Access to school resources (such as the library, supplemental workshops, tutors, etc.)
- A field trip to experience American culture.
- Certificate of completion
COST OF THE PROGRAM: $1,850 (for the full eight-week program)
*$50 application fee and application needed prior to enrolling.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
You must first complete the application - click here to download a copy of the application, or you can email or call the Office of International Student Services and get the application sent to you. Once completed, you will turn in the application and $50 application fee to the International Student Services office. Once they receive this, they will work with you to complete the process to get you enrolled. You can also contact them regarding any questions you may have about applying or about the program.
- Application fee ($ 50 one-time fee)
- SEVIS I-20 fee ($200 www.fmjfee.com)
- Room and Board (information on homestay accommodations available
- Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses
ESTIMATED OF TOTAL COST
Amount to be shown on the bank letter (see below).
Accreditation: Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Degrees & Programs: 200+
Campus: 135 acres
Location: Southern California campus located approximately 20 miles from the heart of Los Angeles.
Student Enrollment: average of 24,000 students with international students from more than 35 countries.
Transfer Rate: 95% of our International Students transfer to a four-year university
Office of International Student Services: Open year-round on campus, with a full staff to provide students support and help.
The following documents are required for admission into Cerritos College - keep copies of all documents you turn in. Applications with incomplete documentation will not be processed until completed:
- Intensive English Application
- $50 application fee (non-refundable) We accept Cash or Money Orders payable to: Cerritos College
- Statement of Support from Financial Sponsor (Notarized)
- Bank Certification - verification on bank letterhead signed by bank official showing at least $11,750 USD available to the student or equivalent.
- TB (tuberculosis) exam results - must be within 2 years of application date
- Transcripts - Proof of Secondary or high school graduation
- Copy of Passport, Visa, and I-94
- Copy of all I-20's - if in the U.S. Once an initial I-20 is issued, a form I-901 along with a $200 SEVIS fee payment must be completed before applying for, or a re-validation, of the F-1 Visa status. For more information on paying the SEVIS fee, go to www.FMJfee.com.
- Transfer Authorization form - if transferring from another U.S. college or language school
- Information of Dependents (if any) - Put the name, date of birth, country of birth, relationship to the F-1 student of each dependent (spouse and children) on a separate sheet of paper. Each dependent must have medical insurance. Add $3,000 for each dependent on the bank certification.
- Download Word Viewer
For more information, contact us by email at:
or call us at