The Cerritos College Plastics Manufacturing Department (PMT) was established in 1974 and designed as a means to provide a "state-of-the-art" plastics manufacturing technology program for students intending to work in commercial manufacturing companies. Our department serves the needs of those who are "new to the technology" as well as for those "experienced professionals who wish to broaden their knowledge to remain competitive in the global business environment.
Capabilities - Manufacturing Training Facility:
- On-site training capabilities
- 20,000 square feet of Instructional and Manufacturing Facility, classroom training
- Computer training and demonstration lab
- Processing repair, Ovens and Curing, Clean Room, etc.
- Thermoset/ thermoplastic Support Equipment: Duel Zone (self-contained) Field Repair Systems, Waterjet, Ultrasonic Hand and Die Cutting, etc.
- Plastic Processing: Ultrasonic Welding, Tensile Testing, Hot Stamping, Rotational Molding, Injection and Compression Molding, Trim and Drill Equipment, Inspection Equipment, Thermoforming Equipment, etc. Spray booths and Airless coating and spray systems
- Audiovisual (Video), Teleconferencing, and Community Cable (Broadcasting)
- Materials Science testing lab with physical and nondestructive (NDT) testing
Interested in Plastics, but not sure where to start? View our Roadmap!
(562) 860-2451 Ext. 2910