Outgoing Mail Preparation
Mail Room Processing Hours:
Monday -Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 pm
Outgoing mail should be placed in the appropriate slot in the mailroom. If the material is too large for the slot, please leave it in the mailroom or arrange special handling in the Communication Center.
United States Postal Service (USPS) Mail Preparation:
- All District mailing is processed through the Mailroom and must have a department return address clearly indicated on the envelope.
- No personal mail is to be processed with District funds.
- Mail is picked up at 3:30 p.m. daily
- All outgoing mail to be metered must be in the mail room by 3:00. Any mail that arrives after this time in the mailroom will be processed the next business day. If you have a large mailing, mail must be in the mail room no later than 2:30 p.m.
- All mail being sent through the postage meter must have a return address indicating
the Campus office or division or origin. In addition, all outgoing correspondence
must be properly addressed, including the ZIP code. Pieces of mail that do not have
this information will be opened by mailroom staff to determine the origin and returned
to the sender.
Federal Express (FedEx) Envelope Preparation:
- All Federal Express mail should be in the Mail Room by 3:00. Envelopes and forms for FedEx can be picked up in the Mail Room.
- Any large items to be sent FedEx Ground or UPS is handled by the Warehouse. Please contact extension 2312 or 2314 for assistance.