SELECTION PROCEDURES AND STANDARDS
1. Applications must be submitted no later than March 15.
2. The applicant must submit to the Health Occupations Division Office the following items prior to March 15:
a. A completed application signed by the applicant and a Cerritos College counselor
b. Verification of high school graduation or GED completion
c. Official College transcripts (unofficial Cerritos College will be accepted)
d. College assessment test results or indication by counselor that this requirement has been met through equivalent courses or activities
e. Any additional items required for specific option (see below)
3. LVN applicants and transfer students seeking entry at NRSG 220 or above, will be scheduled for a medication calculation
examination. Information regarding this examination will be provided in writing.
4. Applicants who met the minimum admission requirements are assigned a number for admission by a randomized computer selection
5. Students placed in the top 100 spots will be required to pass a diagnostic assessment test (basic math, English, reading, and science)
prior to admission to the program. Students who fail to achieve a passing score will be required to complete additional pre-nursing
coursework to become eligible for retest/admission.
6. Notification of admission to the program will be done in writing.
7. Admitted students and alternates will be required to attend a mandatory orientation meeting. During the orientation, information will
be given regarding textbooks, uniforms, registration procedures, and other relevant matters.
8. Student Rights: The nursing student has certain rights in addition to those reflected in the College Student Handbook. These include:
a. The right to contact professional nursing boards regarding concerns about the educational program.
b. The right to know of the existence of a policy giving credit for previous nursing education and/or experience.