Cerritos College to host advanced safety technical courses
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 18, 2011
Media Contact:Aya Abelon, Public Affairs; (562) 653-7878
WHAT: Cerritos College has partnered with ehs International, Inc. to serve the specialized education needs of business and industry with a focus on environmental, health and safety, OSHA compliance training, manufacturing skills training and business management training.
Eight courses will be offered in following areas:
- Confined Space: 4-day course, September 6-9, 2011, $895
- Fall Protection: 4-day course, September 12-15, 2011, $795
- Powered Industrial Trucks: 1-day course, September 28 or November 30, 2011, $499
- Trenching and Shoring: 3-day course, October 3-5, 2011 $695
- Scaffold Safety: 4-day course, October 10-13, 2011, $795
- Solar Power: 5-day course, October 17-21, 2011 $895
- Oil and Gas Drilling and Well Servicing Safety: 4-day course, October 31-November 4, 2011, $795
- Machine Safe Guarding: 4-day course, November 7-10, 2011, $795
Who Should Attend?
Those working in construction, electrical/power line, oil rigging, excavation, and rescue area, field technicians, maintenance crews, wind technicians, solar panel installers, forklift operators, safety managers, operations managers, and safety trainers/instructors wanting to expand their course offerings.
Pre-requisite for all courses: Must have previous field experience.
The advanced safety technical courses are designed for experienced personnel. These courses provide a detailed review of subject matter with a strong emphasis of training skill development.
WHERE: Cerritos College
11110 Alondra Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
A map of the campus is available at www.cerritos.edu/guide
CONTACT: For more information, please see the catalog, or call 949-540-6800. Or register today at www.ehsinternational.org. *Register through ehs International.
COST: Varies. Parking is $2 a day for those who do not hold a permit.
Cerritos College serves as a comprehensive community college for southeastern Los Angeles County. Communities within the college's district include Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, La Mirada, Norwalk, and portions of Bell Gardens, Lakewood, Long Beach, Santa Fe Springs and South Gate. Cerritos College offers degrees and certificates in more than 180 areas of study in nine divisions. Annually, more than 1,200 students successfully complete their course of studies, and enrollment currently averages 23,000 students. Visit Cerritos College online at http://www.cerritos.edu/.