College personnel requesting data/research for their respective areas are encouraged to send an email outlining your request for data or research to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning. Once the request is received, the Dean will let you know where your request is in our "que" (which includes federal and state mandated reporting), and provide you an estimated date of delivery for your request. Requests, depending on complexity of data and analysis, will be turned around as quickly as possible. Thank you for being our partners in evidence based decision making!
Please copy and paste the following questions with answers into an email. Send the email to: Dr. Kristi Blackburn, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Is your Manager aware of this research request:
4. When do you need this—is there a deadline associated with the request? (please note the complexity of your request will dictate the amount of time it takes to complete the request)
5. Which category best describes your research request (place an X in front of the word):
Accreditation/Federal/State reporting requirement
EMP/Strategic Plan Goal achievement
Grant evaluation support
Other: please explain
6. What is the Research Question you are seeking to answer?
7. Describe the research request as much as you can. If you are asking for a cohort analysis, please be specific as to groups being compared. Please specify semester/years. If your cohort involves a group that is not flagged as a student group in Peoplesoft, please be prepared to provide us student id numbers in a secure manner:
The Dean will assign your request to a Research Analyst, and will provide you with an estimated delivery date. In regards to number 4 (above), we will strive to meet your deadlines as best we can (federal/state/mandated reporting have highest priority).
For requests by persons that are not employed by the college, your request is considered either a Public Records Request; or it is considered an IRB request. If you are a graduate student seeking to use our college as a data participant, please proceed below with IRB instructions.
Public Records Request
For Public Records requests, please email the request to Felipe Lopez, Vice President of Business Services.
Institutional Review Board
IRB Community College Guide (APA)
Dr. Blackburn, Dean IERP (Chair)
Dr. Haas, History Faculty member
Ms. Connie Boardman, Chemistry Faculty member
Ms. Angela Teshima, Research Analyst
Ms. Lauren Sosenko, Director or Research LBCC (Outside member)
First Weds. of the month at 8:30 a.m.
Location: LC 112, IERP Conference Room
Materials must be submitted for IRB review at least 5 working days prior to the meeting, or the application will be reviewed at the next months meeting (if not qualified for expedited review)
IRB Agenda October 5th, 2016
IRB Minutes October 5th, 2016
To view word files, the use of Word Viewer is necessary. If you do not have Word Viewer,
Download Word Viewer
To open pdf documents, the use of Adobe® Reader® is necessary. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, please go to this link to be directed to Adobe's web site to download a free copy.