You are a re-entry student if you are 25 years or older or may have a 3-5 year gap in your education.
Visit this link for more information: Re-Entry Resource Program.
A program which offers EARLIER ENROLLMENT for first-time college students is the Early Success Program (ESP)! Just complete admissions, assessment, and orientation/counseling by the specified deadline for an earlier enrollment date! If you're applying to the Spring 2017 Semester, the ESP deadline was Tuesday, October 11. For ESP Fall 2017, the deadline will be in June. Once the deadline is announced, you'll be informed here or the ESP web page. Assessment and Orientation/Counseling (AOC) is required for first-time, new to any college, students prior to enrollment.
Admissions and Records, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2211.
Complete the admission's application by applying online (proof of residence may be required). We recommend having official high school transcripts sent directly to Cerritos College Admissions and Records or submit them to a counselor during an appointment or an Orientation Workshop.
Financial Aid and the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW) are available. To apply, follow these 4 Easy Steps to Cash.
Counseling Department, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2231
Once you have completed your application for admission, you need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop an educational plan and determine if you are required to take an assessment test. Stand-by (Walk-in) counseling is also available. Bring transcripts, placement test results and/or other documentation verifying completed coursework when you meet with a counselor.
Assessment Testing, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2599.
As a re-entry student, you may be required to take the assessment tests or show proof of assessment testing or course completion from your previous college. The tests assess your math, language, and reading skill levels. If you intend to take English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, take the ESL test before enrollment.
If you are required to take the English, reading, and math tests, which assess your math, language, and reading skill levels and is not pass nor fail, just bring your student number and a photo ID on the test day and plan on arriving about 30 minutes before scheduled. Call the Assessment Center for appointment scheduling information. Assessment test schedules and Study Guides can be picked up at Career Services or you can visit the Assessment Testing Center's webpage for an online test schedule and/or Study Guides. Convenient parking is available in lot C-1. You may purchase a $2 daily permit from the permit dispensers.
Counseling Department, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2231
After you have taken the assessment placement test(s), you may elect to participate in an in-person Orientation Workshop, as advised by a counselor.
There are two ways to make an appointment, by phone or online.
- Phone: You may call the Counseling Department at 562.860.2451, Ext. 2231 and schedule an Orientation Workshop that works with your schedule.
- Online: You may go online by visiting New Student Orientation to select the in-person workshop that is most convenient for you.
Admissions and Records, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2211
Once you've completed the Orientation Workshop, you will receive an enrollment appointment. This appointment allows you to enroll online via MyCerritos on or after your scheduled time.
Pay All Fees: BOGFW students must follow the same fee schedule when paying lab fees, Cerritos College Student Activities (CCSA) fee, and Health fee. Failure to pay for your fees on time will result in being dropped and/or waitlisted. Payment can be made online through MyCerritos. To view current fees, please visit Admissions and Records Fees.
- Enrollment by Appointment - Pay Within 7 Days. Between the start of enrollment and 7 days prior to start of term, fees are due within 7 days. The first day of your enrollment counts as day one. If you add a class to an existing schedule, you will have a new due date.
- Open Enrollment- Pay by Friday Before Classes Start. During the open enrollment period, the deadline for payment of fees is immediately. ALL students will be dropped for lack of payment the Friday before classes start.
- Instructor Add Period - Pay on the Same Day. Once the semester has begun, only instructors will be able to enroll and add you in a class. The fees are due at time of enrollment. A hold will be placed on your student account and records if you are unable to pay your fees during this period.
Counseling Department, 562.860.2451, Ext. 2231.
After getting settled into your first semester, meet with a counselor every semester. Counselors are available to assist you with your educational planning year-round. You are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with a counselor, mid-semester, to ensure that your educational plan accurately reflects your career goal. The appointments are 30 minutes in duration.
That's all there is to it. Congratulations!
Welcome to Cerritos College!
If you need accommodations with any of these activities due to a disability, please visit Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS) or contact them at at 562.860.2451, Ext. 2335