Criteria & Guidelines for Proposed Departmental Staff Development Project Agreement Form
If you decide to do a Departmental Staff Development Project, you must complete the Proposed Departmental Staff Development Project Agreement form as well as the Staff Development Activities for Faculty Agreement form. Both of these forms must be turned in to and approved by your division dean by October 1.
The following guidelines apply to all Departmental Project proposals
- Projects must contribute to professional growth, teaching ,learning, student achievement or a combination of these.
- Someone must serve as chairperson for the Departmental Project.
- Names of participants must be listed. NOT all members of a department must participate.
- Faculty from other departments may participate in a Departmental Project if appropriate.
- Projects must NOT take place during times members of the department are scheduled to teach or hold office hours.
- Projects must be beyond the scope of department members’ routine work at the college. Routine duties and committee work already required by the college are not appropriate activities for Flex credit.
- Departmental Projects are to be evaluated by the participants upon completion. Evaluations must be submitted to the Staff Development Office no later than May 1. Evaluation forms will be mailed to the faculty chairperson upon receipt of the approved Proposed Departmental Staff Development Project Agreement form.