Criteria & Guidelines For Proposed Individual Staff Development Project Agreement Form
If you decide to do an Individual Staff Development Project, you must complete the Proposed Individual Staff Development Project Agreement form as well as the Proposed Staff Development Activities for Faculty Agreement form. Both of these forms must be turned in and approved by your division dean by October 1.
The following guidelines apply to all Individual Projects proposals:
- Projects must contribute to professional growth, teaching, learning, student achievement or a combination of these.
- Projects must Not take place during times you are scheduled to teach or hold office hours.
- Projects must be beyond the scope of your routine work at the college. Routine duties and committee work already required by the college are not appropriate activities for Flex credit.
- If you are a Presenter or Facilitator for Flex activity, you will receive flex credit of 3 hours for preparation time and 1 hour for each hour you present.
- Flex credit for attending a conference will be awarded only for those hours that you attend the conference. Remember, Flex credit will not be given for hours you are scheduled to teach or hold office hours.
- Individual Projects must be evaluated upon completion. Evaluations must be submitted to the Staff Development Office no later than May 2. Evaluation forms will be mailed to the faculty member upon receipt of the-approved Proposed Individual Staff Development Project Agreement form.