Classified/Confidential Employee of the Month Nomination Form
Who is eligible?
- Each Nominee must be a permanent full-time or part-time classified or confidential employee. (Nominations are received and verified by Staff Development Assistant)
- Nominees must perform their job duties with distinction and also make a positive contribution to students, fellow employees, or the college community.
- Examples of positive contributions to the college community any include but are not
- serving on a committee or as a club advisor
- improving or creating a new procedure, guideline or process
- participating in campus programs, events or student activities.
- doing volunteer work on campus or off-campus
Guidelines for Writing a Nomination:
Please provide a detailed description of why you think the nominee has earned the honor of becoming the "Outstanding Classified/Confidential Employee of the Month."
Please provide specific examples of how the nominee's contributions to the college go above and beyond his/her normal job duties.
For this nomination to be considered, the nominating individual must list detailed reasons why the nominee(s) should be considered by the committee.
You may complete this form as a paragraph or a list of relevant information. Thank you for taking the time to nominate your fellow employees for their contributions to the college mission and community. If you need assistance completing the Nomination form, please call Monica Acuña at extension 2285.
Employee of the Month Committee Criteria
- Please submit nominations by the end of the month for consideration at the next committee meeting.
- Staff Development Assistant will receive all nominations until a week before the following committee meeting. The Staff Development Assistant will review and cross-reference all received nominations. The Staff Development Assistant will send a password protected email of the nominations to members at least one week prior to the monthly meeting. After voting closes, all votes will be collected and counted by the committee chair and committee chair. Counted ballots will be retained by the Staff Development Assistant. The Staff Development Assistant will collect and shred remaining ballots.
- The committee will maintain a pool of qualified nominations to be considered for Employee of the Month each month. Candidates will be removed from the pool after three months committee meetings.
- The name will be submitted to the President's Office prior to the second Board of Trustees Meeting of the month.
- An Employee can be recognized as Employee of the Month once (1) a year.
- The nominator will receive acknowledgement via email.f. Employee of the Year will be selected from the current Employee of the Month recipients, providing that the employee has 5 years of Cerritos College District service and has not received the Employee of the Year award within the previous 5 years. The Employee of the Year will also be forwarded to the Chancellor's office for consideration of Classified Employee of the Year. *
- There will be at least eight (8) committee members needed for a quorum for voting. Voting will be closed.
- Attendance presence will be defined as physically present in real time.
- If there is not a candidate with a majority vote, the two (2) top candidates will proceed to an immediate runoff. Tie will be broken by Chair.
- Staff Development Assistant will act as the correspondence member, notifying committee members of meetings and voting. He/she will complete all necessary paperwork for Employee of the Month Committee. In the absence of the Staff Development Assistant, the Committee Secretary will act as back-up.
- During tenure as a voting member of the Outstanding Classified/Confidential Employee of the Month Committee, the member will not be eligible for nomination as Employee of the Month.
- A voting meeting will be held once a month. If a quorum of (8) voting committee members is not met the committee will first call an emergency meeting to be held within 2 working days.
- Visitors or guests of the committee will be made aware that voting and related discussions are confidential. As such, non-members of the committee will not be allowed to remain during the voting and related process and discussions.
Revised March 4, 2015
Approved by Staff Development Committee March 12, 2014