Classified/Confidential Employee of the Month Nomination Form
Criteria for Nominees:
- Each Nominee must be a permanent part-time or full-time classified or confidential employee, to be verified by Staff Development Program Assistant II.
- Nominees to be considered must have performed their duties with excellence and made a positive contribution to the Cerritos College campus community.
- Contribution may be made to any or all of the following: The College, community, the students, or fellow staff members.
Deadline: Nominations will be accepted and submitted by the 25th of the month. Any submissions received after the 25th of the month will be considered for the following month.
(Committee Selection Process criteria is listed below the nomination form.)
Employee of the Month Committee Criteria
Revised February 5, 2009 / Approved by Staff Development Committee April 16, 2009
- New nominations will be accepted and submitted by the 25th day of the month. Any submissions received after the 25th of the month will be considered for the following month.
- Staff Development Program Assistant II and Committee Secretary will receive all nominations until the 25th of the month. The Staff Development Program Assistant II and Committee Secretary will confer and cross-reference all received nominations on the 26th of the month or the 1st working day after that. The Staff Development Program Assistant II will deliver the nominations to members 24 hours prior to the monthly meeting. Members will bring the nomination packet to the meeting. After voting closes, all votes will be collected and counted by the Committee Chair and Committee Secretary. Counted ballots will be retained by the Staff Development Program Assistant II. The Staff Development Program Assistant II will collect and shred remaining nomination packets.
- The committee will maintain a pool of at least five qualified nominations to be considered for Employee of the Month each month. The pool will consist of the five most recently nominated qualified candidates. Candidates will be dropped out of the pool as new candidates are submitted to maintain the pool size of at least five candidates.
- The name will be submitted to the President’s Office prior to the second Board of Trustees Meeting of the month.
- An Employee can win Employee of the Month once (1) a year.
- An Employee can only win Employee of the Year once every five (5) years.
- A letter of acknowledgement will be sent out to all nominators and nominees stating receipt of their nomination for Employee of the Month. The letter will also state that nominations not chosen as Employee of the Month can be resubmitted.
- There will be at least eight (8)committee members needed for a quorum for voting. Voting will be closed.
- Attendance/Presence will be defined as physically present in real time.
- If there is not a candidate with a majority vote, the two (2) top candidates will proceed to an immediate runoff. Tie will be broken by Chair.
- Staff Development Program Assistant II will act as the correspondence member, notifying committee members of meetings and voting. He/She will complete all necessary paperwork for Employee of the Month Committee. In the absence of the Staff Development Program Assistant II, the Committee Secretary will act as back-up.
- During tenure as a voting member of the Outstanding Classified Employee of the Month Committee, the member will not be eligible for nomination as Employee of the Month.
- A voting meeting will be held within the first week of the month. If a quorum of (8) voting committee members is not met the committee will first call an emergency meeting to be held within 2 working days. For confidentiality, candidates will be referred to as numbers (#s).
- Visitors or guests of the committee will be made aware that voting and related discussions are confidential. As such, non-members of the committee will not be allowed to remain during the voting and related process and discussions.