Elementary Teaching Pathway
Elementary School Teacher
What is the Elementary Teaching Pathway?
The Elementary Teaching Pathway is for students interested in becoming an elementary school teacher. Teacher TRAC students may apply and transfer to the Univeristy of their choice. However, Teacher TRAC's flagship program is a partnership with California State University, Long Beach. As a student in the integrated, standards-based Teacher TRAC / CSULB program, you can earn your bachelor's degree and multiple-subject teaching credential, and complete your student teaching.
How does Teacher TRAC help Prepare you to become an Elementary Teacher?
- Teacher TRAC educates and trains students to become effective teachers.
- Provides real-world, hands on learning in the classroom with mentor teachers.
- Equips students with knowledge and skills to succeed and want to go on to college.
- Allows you to grow as a Teacher and a Professional.
- Enhance your knowledge in the fields that you'll be teaching.
Why Teach at the Elementary Level?
- Ensures California has skilled and qualified teachers to keep the school system strong.
- California will need Qualified Teachers in Elementary Schools beginning 2014.
- Share the Passion of Learning with the next Generation.
- Contribute to the Community
Elementary Curriculum & Transfer Information
- Teacher TRAC Curriculum for local California State Universities
- Cerritos College Elementary Teacher Education AA Degree
- Teacher TRAC Curriculum & Pathway Requirements for CSULB
- CSULB "ITEP" 3rd and 4th Year Curriculum
- Transfer Guide to CSULB "ITEP" ProgramTransfer Guide to CSULB "ITEP" Program
Requirements to Apply for the Teacher TRAC Program
- Submit a completed Teacher TRAC Application
- Submit a one page, double spaced essay stating why you want to be a teacher
- Submit unofficial High School & College Transcripts from every institution attended
- Submit a Signed Talent Release from Cerritos College
- Must have a minimum 2.50 Grade Point Average (G.P.A.)
- Need to be Eligible for English 52 or Higher
- Need to be Eligible for Math 60 or Higher
If you have questions about the Requirements, please contact us at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2212.