Secondary (Jr. High / High School) Teaching Pathway
(Junior High / High School)
What is the Secondary Teaching Pathway?
The Cerritos College Teacher TRAC Middle School / High School Pathway opens the door for students interested in Teaching at the Middle School Level or the High School Level in all subjects, especially in Math and Science. Through our partnerships with the California State University system, Teacher TRAC Students have an opportunity to complete part of their coursework here at Cerritos College, and complete their coursework at one of the California State Universities with a Bachelors Degree in their Major.
How does Teacher TRAC help Prepare you to become a Secondary Teacher?
- Teacher TRAC educates and trains students to become effective teachers.
- Provides real-world, hands on learning in the classroom with mentor teachers.
- Equips students with knowledge and skills to succeed and want to go on to college.
- Allows you to grow as a Teacher and a Professional.
- Enhance your knowledge in the fields that you'll be teaching.
Why Teach at the Secondary Level?
- Ensures California has skilled and qualified teachers to keep the school system strong.
- California will need Qualified Teachers in Elementary Schools beginning 2014.
- Share the Passion of Learning with the next Generation.
- Contribute to the Community
What Opportunities are Offered through the Middle School/High School Pathway?
- Internship Opportunities in a middle school or high school classroom.
- Linked Learning Internship Program
- Opportunities for Teaching Conferences and Workshops.
- Eligibility to Apply for Scholarships.
- Specialized Counseling with Teacher TRAC Counselors
- Networking with Professionals.
- Targeted Courses for Future Teachers
What are the Requirements to Apply to the Program?
- Submit a completed Teacher TRAC Application
- Submit a one page, double spaced essay stating why you want to teach.
- Submit unofficial High School and College Transcripts from every institution attended, if applicable.
- Submit a Cerritos College Talent Release Form
- Must have at least a 2.5 G.P.A.
- Must be Eligible for English 52 or higher
- Must be Eligible for Math 60 or higher.
Are You interested in Teaching Math or Science at the Middle School or High School Level?
Teacher TRAC has set Curriculum for those students that want to pursue a career in Teaching Math & Science at the Junior High / High School Level.
- I'm interested in Teaching Biology in the High School!
- I'm interested in Teaching Chemistry in the High School!
- I'm interested in Teaching Geology in the High School!
- I'm interested in Teaching Math in the High School!
- I'm interested in Teaching Physics in the High School
Resources for Students interested in teaching Jr. High / High School