What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment is when high school students can earn credit for a class in high school and credit for a college class.
Students gets college credit for the class they took in a high school because:
- The class is articulated with Cerritos College
- The class is taught by the same Cerritos College instructor
- We offer the same class at Cerritos College
What are the advantages of Dual Enrollment?
- Student earns both high school and college credit
- Earn your college degree in less time = Save time & save money
- Eliminate duplication of coursework between high school and college
- Explore career fields before starting college
What is the Dual Enrollment process for Students?
- Student meets high school requirements including GPA to participate
- Student is a High School student and a Cerritos College student that same semester
- Student does not need to leave the high school campus or go off-site to take a Dual Enrollment class
Please contact the Office of Education Parnerships & Programs (562) 860-2451 ext. 2212 for information on Duan Enrollment.
Students from Valley Christian High School are participating in Dual Enrollment for ET 101 Principles of Engineering Technology during the Summer session of 2017.