Campus Connection - September 6, 2016
- College Receives $1.6 Million in Local Share to Strengthen Workforce Programs from
the Chancellor’s Office
Cerritos College received $1,572,942 from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office’s Strong Workforce Task Force to strengthen the College’s career technical education (CTE) programs to meet regional labor market needs. The Chancellor’s grant will provide funding for the College to partner with...Link to the full story about CTE grant
- Cerritos College Art Professor Wins American Inhouse Design Award
Bonnie Barrett, professor of graphic art and computer graphics at Cerritos College, won the Graphic Design USA (GDUSA) American Inhouse Design Award for her 2015 Cerritos College Faculty and Student Art Exhibit catalog design. The American Inhouse Design Awards is the original and premier showcase for inhouse designers, marketing and communications departments...Link to the full story about Bonnie
- Hear My Story Literature Celebration Coming to Cerritos College
Cerritos College will host a literature celebration event Hear My Story, Know My World on September 9. The event begins with music and refreshments at 8 a.m. Following the opening remarks, Cerritos College’s very own author Paula Pereira will hold a workshop on How to Write and Illustrate Your Favorite Migration Story. Pereira, librarian at Cerritos College...Link to the full story about the event
- College Seeks Applicants for Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
The Cerritos Community College District is accepting applications to fill vacancies for the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee. The Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee was established to oversee the expenditure of money for the construction, repair and modernization of campus projects. This committee ensures that the bond proceeds are expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure CC and Measure G...Link to the full story about Oversight Committee
- President's Hour This Thursday
Take a few minutes to share what’s on your mind with Dr. Fierro on second Thursdays! No appointment necessary. Stop by Thursday, September 8, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. in the Board Room.
Shared Governance Committee Meetings: September 6-9
Tuesday, September 6
2 p.m. - Developmental Education (LC 62)
2 p.m. - Planning and Budget (Board Room)
3 p.m. - Instructional Program Review (SS 140)
Thursday, September 8
1:30 p.m. - Curriculum (Board Room)
Friday, September 9
9 a.m. - Information Technology (SS 16)
For questions, please call Human Resources at (562) 860-2451 Ext.2284.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stay Connected!
- Share with us
- Share your story ideas via Campus Connection
- Submit your success story via Campus Connection. Tell us about a special student, faculty or staffer who are doing great things on campus or in their community
- Submit campus events or announcements through the Daily Falcon (access required)