Food Drive Contest
Join the Race to Stock our Student Health Center Food Bank!
The Student Health Center Food Bank was established in 2013 to help feed Cerritos College students in need. As the Health Center continues to serve more students, supplies are low and need to be replenished. Join the race to fill the Food Bank to help our students stay healthy and in school.
- Email Carrie Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your group, division, department or club. Include a contact person
and the location for your food box.
- Collect food items in the box provided
- Email Erica Mclennan, email@example.com to schedule pick-up for your full box and to request a new box
- Share your experience on Facebook and Twitter using #ccfoodproject
THE GROUP WITH THE MOST FILLED FOOD BOXES WINS!
Spring 2015 - Food Drive Contest:
Thank you all for participating in the Food Drive Contest. Financial Aid has won the first round of the Food Drive Contest with a total of 222 food items collected. Great job financial aid! Our top 4 groups were at or above 100 food items. Awesome top 4!
But everyone helped get us to an amazing 1046 food items collected so far. This means that 52 hungry students will have food for a week. So the real winners really are our students and their families. We are still going strong and wave #2 of the contest starts next week. I hope you will continue to participate.
Items Collected – Group/Club
- 222 - Financial Aid
- 179 - Campus Police - KPop Club
- 166 - DSPS - Active Minds
- 100 - Facilities - Order of the Falcon Club
- 75 - Athletics
- 74 - Counseling
- 63 - Public Affairs, Economic Development and the Foundation
- 47 - Language - Chinese Club
- 35 - Architecture & Technology Club
- 32 - Anthropology - Anthropology Club
- 21 - Health Occupations - Living Well club
- 12 - Radio
- 10 - Reading - Abilities Empowered
- 8 - Calculus club
- 2 - Social Photography Club
1046 - Total
- Pizza Party #1 most food items collected between
- Pizza Party #2 most food items collected between
April 6—May 1
- Highest overall collection will be the first name on the “winners” plaque
ALL NON-PERSHABLE ITEMS ACCEPTED.
High Demand Items
- GRANOLA BARS
- CEREAL BARS
- CANNED FRUITS
- CANNED VEGETABLES
- FRUIT CUPS
- PEANUT BUTTER
- CANNED TUNA
- CANNED CHICKEN
- CANNED STEW
- CANNED RAVIOLI
- CANNED BEANS
- CUP O NOODLES
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUPS
- VEGETABLE SOUPS
- PITA CHIPS
- CRACKERS (INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED)
- MAC & CHEESE (ADD WATER ONLY)
Please check that items are not expired before donating.