Alt Text Descriptions
Here are a few things to guide you when writing alt text descriptions for images:
- Keep your descriptions between 8 and 80 characters. Any more than 80 characters would require a "d" link page.
- DO NOT identify the medium whether it is an image, photograph, picture, button, poster, illustration, watercolor, painting, bar chart, etc.
- Describe the content of the image as if you are talking to someone on the telephone.
- Identify all prominent text in the image as it pertains to the meaning of the image.
- When the text in the image is greater than 80 characters, link to a d-link page to contain all the text.